whichgin.com gives you its recommendations for the perfect gin for every occasion.
Well, some main occasions anyway. We couldn’t do it for your uncle Clarence’s 80th birthday. We don’t know your uncle Clarence, and he might not even like gin now. Not since that last time he had it. That last time the family don’t talk about any more. Poor Mrs Tavares. She’ll never recover.
Anyway, you’re doing the internet equivalent of standing in front of the supermarket gin shelf wondering what to buy. We thought we could help by making some gin suggestions taken form our A-Z gin reviews. Let’s break it down into what you’re wanting the gin for. All gins are different after all, so might be best suited for different occasions.
Which gin should I buy for a party?
Unless you’re a really high-roller, you’re most likely after a good value, good all-round gin that works well with lots of mixers. Particularly if you’re buying in a bit more volume for a party. We therefore think you should consider these gins:
1. Tanqueray Dry London Gin is a great value gin with a great taste. We described it as: “…a really good all-rounder to have.” You can buy it here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
2. Martin Miller’s Gin is another winner in the good value gin stakes. We thought that if felt more premium than the price suggested. You can buy it here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
3. Why not try Broker’s Gin as a great all-round gin? Our review found that it was: “…a real gem of a gin at a very reasonable price point.” You can buy it in the UK from Amazon here, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
Which gin should I buy as a treat?
This suggests that you’re looking for a gin that’s a bit more ‘special’ and expensive. It’s worth knowing that you shouldn’t always consider that price is equal to quality when it comes to gin. There are some fantastic gins out there that offer great value. However, if you really want to push the boat out, we would recommend these special gins that are a touch more expensive and really deliver on quality:
2. Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin is a real winner on gin quality. We thought that the gunpowder tea in it made unlike any other gin we have come across. You can buy it here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
3. We also recommend Death’s Door Gin as a gin for a treat. We thought that although it was short on botanicals it was high on taste. You can buy it in the UK from Amazon here, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
Which gin should I buy for mom or mum?
Well, it’s tempting to say that you should be buying the ones listed as a treat above. Why wouldn’t you? I thought you were a good son/daughter? Oh…right. Ok, maybe what you really need to think about here is which gin you would like to drink when you go to see your mother. Now, without whichgin.com being accused of being sexist and getting shouted at by everyone (again), the key gins to look for here are gins that deliver on taste for your mother’s discerning palate and look great too.
1. Ableforth’s Bathtub Gin is a gin that looks fantastic, has great packaging and has a fabulous taste. We said we buy it for the packaging alone. You can buy here in the UK from Amazon, but not in the US/Canada from Drizly…but try another gin from Drizly.
2. Malfy Originale Gin delivers on taste and overall package too. We thought that the gin tasted as good as the bottle looks. We featured it as our gin of the month for March 2019, and you can buy it here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
Which gin should I buy for dad?
You know, all the gins listed above for your mother would do your dad equally well. However, you dad will thank you for a robust gin that puts hairs on his chest (certainly more so than the woman that bored you, sorry bore you.) So, if that sounds like your dad, why not try out these gins for dad:
1. Aviation American Gin is a truly bold gin. It knocked our socks off when we sampled it, and it takes quite a different path from other gins .You can buy here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
2. Jawbox Small Batch Classic Dry Gin works well too. We thought that it was a gin with a real punch. You can buy it here in the UK from Amazon,
but not in the US/Canada from Drizly…but try another gin from Drizly.
Which gin should I buy as a wedding gift?
It’s quite normal now to buy gin as a wedding gift. It certainly beats scatter cushions. And, if it’s your wedding, why don’t you have a bottle of gin on each table at the wedding meal? Wine and champagne always get featured at wedding meals…why not do something unusual and go gin? For that special couple, or your special day, we recommended the following wedding gins:
2. Ungava Canadian premium Gin gives a sense of occasion too. When reviewing, we thought that it was: “…a unique Canadian gin that makes your mouth water.” You can buy it here in the UK from Amazon, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
3. Glendalough Wild Botanical Gin is a great choice too for the special day. It has the romantic back story of containing fresh botanicals foraged from the hills of Co.Wicklow. It also tastes great, and the bottle actually looks a little like it’s wishing you good luck. You can buy it in the UK from Amazon here, or in the US/Canada buy from Drizly.
And congratulations from us at whichgin.com if it is your wedding. Or even if you’re just an invitee. That’s great too; they must like you after all.